This intensive 2 day workshop is geared more for sound and music professionals. It’s a lot of fun and encompasses learning areas as diverse as scoring to picture, musical form and structure, composition, electronic music, digital audio recording, sound design techniques and tips on how to get a job working in the video game field. We will play games, listen to music for games, discuss sound design for games, explain in detail how sound for games is created, and even make some sounds for a game on our own and play it in class!
- Get familiar with the tools and workflow for developing sound for games
- Create custom Music, SFX and VO for a game and insert that audio into a game level in Unity 3d
- Develop a basic understanding behind the theory of Game Audio Design
- Learn where to get more information about sound for games
- Learn how to present yourself and your work to get a job working in the video game field.
Who should attend?
Composers, sound designers, and audio producers of all levels, who are interested in sound for games will get a lot out of this class.
Maybe you’re already working in the field but want more hands-on time with programs like FMOD and Unity. Or maybe you are already producing music and sound design for linear media like film and TV. Or maybe you are a audio engineer and producer who works with all types of music and sound, and want to get more hands-on training and learn the tools and tricks of working in sound for games.
What Should I Bring With Me?
• A PC or Mac laptop computer
• Familiarity with the PC/Mac
• DAW Software to Create/Edit Assets
• FMOD, Unity3D, Master Audio and more will be installed on your laptop